State Policies to Prevent Obesity
Strong state policies play a key role in improving access to healthy food and increasing physical activity, which are essential for helping children grow up at a healthy weight.
- PUMA Smash SD Mens Classic Suede Retro Casual Lace Up Trainers
- Women's T-Strap shoes Mule Biblical Leather Sandals Thong Flip-Flop Brown 5-10
- Oxfords Mens Pu Leather Round Toe Ankle Boot Pull On Carved Wedding Zipper shoes
- Womens Metal Buckle Faux-Fur PU Princess Ankle Boot Ladies Wedges Mid Heel Shoes
- 89 MELISSA WHITE BLK T BAR PVC SANDAL SZ 6M US
- Ch womens fashion high heel shoes lace up block pointy toe 2017 US size 4 to10.5
- Clarks Delsie Britta Nude Leather shoes
- Dunham New Balance DAH03NV Camden shoes Men Size 10.5 D
- Kurt Geiger Glee Platform Pumps In Black Suade - Size 39 UK Size 6
- Lambretta M-82 Mens Storm Brown Brogue shoes (32A) (Kett)
- Mens Red Tape Brickhill Milled Honey Tan Leather Smart Lace Up Brogue shoes 7-11
- NUDE JELLY TASSEL DETAIL STUPIFY SANDALS UK 4 EU 37 LN085 AK 09
- Skechers Mens Dark Brown Loafers Size 11.5 (212578)
- Women's NINA NEW YORK 227912 black w jewels satin evening sandals sz. 5 M
- Womens Rhinestones Denim Jeans Mid Calf Boots Stilettos Decor Cowboy shoes Sexy
- Acorn Women's Spa Thong - Azalea - S
- bluee Women's Metal Decor Knee High Boots Tassel Block Heel Zipper Party shoes
- Clarks Originals Wallabee 35425 Mens Boots US 9 M Brown Leather Crepe 2167
- Emotion Erin Womens Wide Fit White Leather Sandals Mules Size UK 3 EU 36
- Hush Puppies Men's Bolognese Woven Moc Loafer - Choose SZ color
- Leather Boots Size Uk 5 Eu 38 Sexy Womens Pull on Thigh High Black Boots
- Minelli Womens EU Size 39 Black Leather Knee-High Boots
- NEW GUESS HARRING WOMENS BOOTS TALL SHOES SZ 10 M BLACK SOFT SHERPA TRIM
- Overknee Stiefel SW-AC-Nikky-black Größe 39 (US 8,5)
- Seavees 3 Eye Chukka Sand Leather Upper Men Size 7.5 Great Condition
- UK SIZE 11.5 - REEBOK CLASSIC PLUS REFLECT TRAINERS - BLACK
- Women's Girls Leather Winter Snow Ankle Boots Waterproof Flat Outdoor Warm shoes
- Yellow Box Women's Rene Sandal
This feature tracks the status of each state’s efforts on more than 20 policies aimed at preventing obesity and supporting health.
|Condition:||Used : |
An item that has been previously worn. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions– opens in a new window or tab
|Seller notes:||“Excellent and Clean Condition. Great Quality Leather Boots... Made in Brazil.Heels.....3.25"Over all Height........11.5"Opening...........13"......................................FAST SAME OR NEXT DAY SHIPPING”|
|Brand:||Seychelles||Width:||Medium ( M)|
|US Shoe Size (Women's):||7.5||Heel Type:||Block|
|Pattern:||Floral||UPC:||Does not apply|
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Research
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has proposed a rule to tighten SNAP work waivers. A new analysis finds that more than 1 million SNAP participants could be affected, and that the vast majority of them live alone and in deep poverty.
Provisions included in the House Farm Bill would have resulted in up to 1.1 million households that received SNAP benefits in 2017 experiencing an up to $75 cut in their monthly benefit. The provision was not included in the Farm Bill that became law.
An earlier analysis found that about one in 11 households receiving SNAP benefits, roughly 2 million in total, would lose eligibility under certain provisions of the House Farm Bill. These provisions were removed before the bill was signed into law.
Nearly One in Six Young People Has Obesity
October 2018—Nationwide, 15.8 percent of young people ages 10 to 17 have obesity, according to the newest national data. Mississippi has the highest youth obesity rate, at 26.1 percent, while Utah has the lowest, at 8.7 percent.
Deeper Dive on New Youth Data
The Health Resources and Services Administration’s Maternal and Child Health Bureau (HRSA MCHB) funds and directs the annual National Survey of Children’s Health, which includes the new national and state-by-state obesity rate data for youth ages 10 to 17. We asked a few questions to Dr. Lydie Lebrun-Harris, a senior social scientist in the Office of Epidemiology and Research at HRSA MCHB about what the new data tell us.
The State of Childhood Obesity
The federal government monitors obesity rates among children and teens with major surveys that track national trends and state rates. According to NHANES (the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey), 18.5% of youth ages 2 to 19 had obesity in 2015-16, the highest rate ever documented by the survey.
In 2017, 26.1% of high school students met physical activity guidelines, according to the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System.
In 2015-16, 18.5% of U.S. children ages 2 to 19 had obesity, according to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
According to the same survey, in 1999-2000, 13.9% of U.S. children ages 2 to 19 had obesity.
Adult Obesity Rates Rise in Six States, Top 35% in Seven
September 2018 – Adult obesity rates increased in Iowa, Massachusetts, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and South Carolina between 2016 and 2017, and remained stable in the rest of states. The adult obesity rate was at or above 35% in seven states and at least 30% in 29 states. West Virginia has the highest adult obesity rate at 38.1% and Colorado has the lowest at 22.6%.
West Virginia has the highest rate of adult diabetes, 15.2%. Diabetes rates rose in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, New Jersey and South Dakota between 2016 and 2017.
Eight of the 10 states with the highest rates of hypertension are in the South. West Virginia has the highest rate at 43.5%.
Kentucky has the highest rate of physical inactivity among adults, 34.4%. Nine of the 10 states with the highest rates are in the South.